Directed exchange, query-based exchange, and consumer mediated exchange are three primary forms of health information exchange.
FREMONT, CA: The private Health Information Exchange (HIE) segment accounts for the largest market share and is projected to grow considerably over the impending years. The occurrence is due to the high level of physician engagement and a rising number of private healthcare information providers at each level of the data system. Furthermore, other advantages, like fewer governance issues and high workflow competence, are estimated to boost the market growth.
How HIE is Used in Healthcare
With standard practices, consistent data can be incorporated into the user’s Electronic Health Record (EHR), a process catering to patients’ personalized health information. For instance, a list of patients who have diabetes can be made if lab findings are added to a provider’s EHR. Owing to high blood sugar, the provider decides which patient needs aid immediately. The process also determines patients based on the urgency for scheduling patients for follow-ups.
There are three primary forms of HIE:
• Directed Exchange: Sends and receives protected data between different healthcare sources for patient support.
• Query-Based Exchange: Facilitates healthcare providers to search and request data concerning a patient from various healthcare providers.
• Consumer Mediated Exchange: Enables gathering and maintaining control of patients’ personal health information.
Benefits of HIE
By improving interoperability, the HIE is playing a chief role in the healthcare sector. The instance is on account of continually developing technology and increasing the accessibility of alternatives for exchanging health data. With providers realizing its advantages, the employment of HIE is increasing across countries. Some of the benefits include:
• Enhances Efficiency: The data saved in a digital format largely eliminates the need for paperwork and also decreases the risk of losing any data.
• Eliminating Errors: Ensures the security of the patients as the information is stocked up in a database and transferred through a digital channel, plummeting medical and medication errors extensively.
• Acts as a Support Tool: Assists in making clinical decisions and acts as a support tool for healthcare providers and doctors to offer better treatment and efficient care.
See also: Top Healthcare Solution Companies