Poor sleep quality or sleep disorders can get better with different natural remedies, therapies and surgeries.
FREMONT, CA: Sleep apnea or sleep disorders affect more than twelve to eighteen million people in America every year. Approximately five out of hundreds of citizens have obstructive sleep apnea. Lack of sleep can cause daytime drowsiness, the risk of having a stroke, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular diseases.
Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder in which the sufferer finds disability to breathe appropriately. It is of three types such as obstructive sleep apnea, central sleep apnea, and complex sleep apnea syndrome.
There are certain situations that can lead you to sleep apnea such as obesity, smoking, or high blood pressure. Following are the different remedies of sleep apnea:
1. Stick to regular sleep hours: Get plenty of sleep every day; it is better to stick to a regular sleeping schedule to get rid of sleep apnea.
2. Adjust sleep position: A 2006 study concluded that sleep apnea cases are more depended on sleeping position. Try to avoid sleeping on your back because it makes snoring more. The two best positions are to sleep on your stomach or sleep on your side that keeps your head slightly elevated.
3. Humidify your bedroom: A humidifier can decrease snoring and congestion by encouraging the sinuses to drain and more air to move through the airways. Certain oils can also be applied to soothe a stuffy nose and throat.
4. Maintain a healthy weight: Obesity is one of the reasons to gain sleep apnea because it leads to gain weight on the side of the neck, which affects throat muscles. If fat which gets deposited to the upper airway it can also obstruct the breathing process. Weight loss can improve sleep apnea by opening up of the throat muscles. Eat a high-fiber diet and resist eating healthy fats.
5. Exercise regularly: Daily exercises and yoga can help to maintain a proper sleeping schedule. It will boost respiratory strength and oxygen flow. These activities will reduce sleep interruption.
6. Avoid smoking and alcohol: Limiting smoking and alcohol intake will reduce sleep apnea complications. Both of these activities interfere with sleep quality by causes inflammation and fluid retention in the airways.
7. Treat congestion and acid reflux: Other medical problems like congestion and acid reflux can obstruct normal breathing; these symptoms can contribute to the development of sleep apnea.
8. Other clinical methods: There are several therapies, surgeries, and tools to get relief from sleep apnea. Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), Expiratory positive airway pressure (EPAP), and other airway pressure devices can help in such situations. Surgeries like jaw repositioning, tissue shrinkage, creating a new air passageway, and tissue removal can treat sleep apnea.
Some of the remedies, surgeries, therapies, and change in lifestyle can reduce symptoms of sleep apnea. It is good to consult the doctor on time if the condition is severe.
Check out: Top Sleep Disorder Care Solution Companies