THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING
The demand for health information exchange is increasing day by day and is benefitting both the provider and patient in different ways.
FREMONT, CA: The process of transferring healthcare information via electronic methods across various organizations within a region, a community, or a hospital system is known as Health information exchange (HIE). The information provided by these systems can help improve the quality of patient-centered care in a useful and timely manner. The electronic health record allows patients to view, download, and transfer health data, see an electronic summary of care records, communicate between physicians and patients, and send imaging results to the system.
Here is how HIE is beneficial for patients and providers:
• Improved payment coordination • Improved clinical outcomes • Improved transitions of care • Improved visit experience and satisfaction
• Reduced health care costs • Achievement of Meaningful Use objectives • Access to valuable clinical data • Improved patient satisfaction and provider experience
How Health Information Exchange is Used in Healthcare
• Directed Exchange: In this form of exchange, protected information is sent and received between different healthcare providers for patient support.
• Query-based Exchange: this is another form that allows healthcare providers to search and request information regarding a patient from various healthcare providers.
• Consumer Mediated Exchange: It will enable collecting and maintaining control of patients’ personal health information.
Benefits of Health Information Exchange
Health information exchange is playing an essential role in the healthcare sector by improving interoperability. The ability to operate multiple databases from one place, the providers of such facility are increasing the usage of health information exchange technology. Few benefits of health information exchange are enhanced efficiency, eliminating errors, acts as a support tool, helps monitor health, reduces testing and improves outcomes
Challenges to Health Information Exchange Market
The data exchange process is not that as it seems to be because the important thing is to ensure the security of the health data. To provide the data is secured. Organizations need to stick to state and federal regulations. A significant challenge is the strict regulatory prohibition, along with all of the providers not being directly connected to the patient, among whom information should be coordinated. The presence of multiple healthcare stakeholders reduces the administrative burden considerably, improving interoperability and strengthening health data exchange.
See also: Top Healthcare Solution Companies