Mindwave Ventures is helping two startup founders to launch their new platform, which is intended to replace the NHS's existing bleep pager system.
FREMONT, CA: Two startup founders have sought the assistance of Mindwave Ventures to help them introduce their new platform, which is intended to replace the NHS's existing bleep pager system.
When Dr. Jamil Shah Foridi and his business partner, Dr. Serena Patel, recognized how outdated the existing pager system was, they came up with the concept of the new platform. As a result, NovaBleep was developed, a novel two-way communications platform enabling healthcare professionals to safely connect.
The platform has five essential features:
• A directory that enables clinicians to locate any healthcare expert inside their institution and partner hospitals.
• A bleep function, which sends out various alerts based on the task's urgency.
• An On-Call function that displays which staff members are on-call during a particular shift and who in the hospital can receive bleeps.
• Targeted two-way communication on patient tasks. A separate function that will enable users to chat regularly is also in the pipeline.
• 2222 sends out emergency bleeps to every user who needs to hear them.
Dr Jamil Shah Foridi, Founder of NovaBleep, said, "During medical school, I noticed how outdated the healthcare sector was digitally in comparison to other sectors, and I listed ideas of solutions to various problems. NovaBleep was my solution to the issues with pagers and difficulty in job prioritization / task management during shifts. Our partnership came into fruition after several months of calls with various development teams. We decided to work with Mindwave, because members of their team watched us pitch in the finals of Cambridge University Entrepreneurship Competition 2020, where we won the Audience Award. The team showed a passion for our idea and we believed that they had a clear understanding of what the problem was that we were solving."
Sarah Welton, Creative Director at Mindwave Ventures, said, "With the current pager system set to be phased out by the end of 2021, NovaBleep is a truly innovative platform which will revolutionize communications within the healthcare sector. We are so pleased to be working with Jamil and Serena to support them with the development of the MVP, and further functionalities moving forward."