THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING
Healthcare across the world is embracing medical research to develop technologies and devices that will benefit the industry significantly. It appears to be the way forward for the healthcare sector. New technologies are being introduced but still improvements needed for treating particular diseases. The advancements which have the power to transform healthcare are various and some are listed below.
1. Pharmacogenomic testing: It determines a patient’s genetic makeup to tailor prescribed treatment based on individual drug metabolism. For instance, pharmacogenomic testing can determine how patients will respond to opioid therapy, potentially decreasing opioid use.
2. Artificial intelligence: AI is assisting in medical diagnosis and aiding physicians in identifying pathology on diagnostic scans.AI can also help interpret massive electronic healthcare data. Treatment design, Digital consultation, virtual nurses, medication management, drug creation, precision medicine, health monitoring, and healthcare system analysis are all applications of artificial intelligence.
3. Immunotherapy: It has revolutionized cancer treatment by leveraging the immune system to fight cancer. Immune checkpoint inhibitors have great potential in the treatment of solid type tumor.
4. Three-dimensional printing: This allows users to create healthcare products specific to the patients. The customized creation enhances the comfort and performance as they are modeled on individual patient measurements, also offering the minimal risk of prospective complications. Three-dimensional printing has applications in surgical planning too, for example, heart surgery or face transplantation.
Check Out: Top MedTech Companies In Europe
6. Robotic surgery: Robotic assistance in surgery are often associated with improved clinical outcomes, such as decreased recovery time and reduced pain. It also guides surgeons in the operating room.
7. RNA therapeutics: In RNA therapeutics genetic abnormalities are translated to functional or non-functional proteins. This is applicable to rare genetic diseases, cancer, and neurologic illnesses. Antisense nucleotides and RNA interference is an example of this technology.
These medical technologies empower medical healthcare with diagnostic improvement, failure prediction, cost regulation, and data privacy and cybersecurity.
Check out: Top Healthcare Technology Solution Companies