Healthcare industries are looking forward to implementing remote patient monitoring (RPM) to offer an advanced level of care to their patients. However, one may come across various hurdles that they may want to avoid to ensure that their staff and patient get the most out of using this digital health solution.
RPM devices can be used in the form of wearables that includes trackers and sensors that capture and record patient data. Physicians can use this data to improve how patient’s chronic disease will be managed and are also helping patient engagement in their health care. Moreover, there needs to be a change in the clinic’s protocols for the concerned authorities to take on the RPM responsibilities more efficiently. However, one significant thing is how electronic health record (EHR) will be used to simplify communication and also ensure that staff members have access to resources and clinically relevant RPM data to execute and adapt patient care.
1. Always update the workflow
• It is essential for an IT representative to provide input on the workflow design.
• Document of the current workflow and necessary changes across departments.
• Develop resources that support and socialize with the new workflow.
• Relevant data points must be clearly defined and communicated to the appropriate care team members.
• Streamline procedures by automation, outsourcing and hiring new staff.
2. Addressing significant needs
• Educating the patients and engaging them in a variety of activities and also identifying and enrolling patients.
• Managing devices which include distributing, tracking and cleaning the instruments.
• Monitoring data which means reviewing the incoming data and flagging areas of concern.
• Billing and coding which provides for knowing codes available for remote patient monitoring into the EHR.
3. Data Influx
• Establishing the protocols and empowering staff to work at the top of their medical licenses.
• Use the vendor as a resource for data screening and analysis.
• Partnering with a third party to identify relevant data.
See Also Reviews Of CIOReview: Glassdoor
Check Out Review Of CIOReview : Crunchbase