THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING
The healthcare industry has benefited enormously from modern technology like real-time platforms and healthcare mobile apps. This has improved the connection between patients and their medical health providers. A personal connection is delivered by these healthcare apps, which ease the flow of data. These apps are revolutionizing healthcare and changing the way patients seek medical attention.
As healthcare mobile apps increase, patient care becomes digital and seamless. Preparing for patients’ and organizations’ healthcare needs has a crucial role in the successful development of such applications. People are becoming aware of the importance of data security as more and more healthcare organizations implement completely Electronic Health Records (EHR). The use of IoT devices can be expected to reduce the health repair system time considerably.
2019 is expected to usher in new trends in mobile healthcare that will revolutionize the industry and improve the patient-doctor relationship. Some of the trends and benefits of healthcare apps as expected in the coming year are as follows:
• Telemedicine: This industry has enabled patients and doctors to interact irrespective of geographical barriers. This form of communication also proves to be easier and more cost-effective, so patients are increasingly adopting it.
• IoT: This has emerged as a major healthcare trend. As mobile fitness apps and wearable technology become commonplace, consumers receive constant updates throughout the day. Users can monitor their vital signs better following the advancements in wearable technology, and even hospital staff has started utilizing this technology in managing patients.
• Cloud: Cloud-based healthcare is expected to transform how we receive and share records, thus simplifying the process for both medical providers and patients. Tedious paperwork will be replaced by ePrescriptions, which will also cut down on time spent in waiting to process it. Insurance plans and bills are being shifted to the cloud as well, providing real-time access to important documents and streamlining the commerce system for hospitals and doctors.
• Blockchain: It serves as an incorruptible bookkeeping platform that bypasses censorship and enforces transparency. Mobile and digital healthcare need to preserve patient data and show HIPAA compliance. Blockchain technology promotes safety measures that prevent the misuse or compromise of patient data.
• Mobile payments: Almost all industries have adopted mobile payments, which saves time and aids in tracking money to ensure smooth transactions. Mobile payments cut down on the time lost at billing and point of sale terminals. Furthermore, it ensures that payments made during emergencies or odd hours are trustworthy and manageable.
The fast pattern trajectory of mobile and digital health integration simplifies the relationship between medical providers and patients. It is essential for medical practices to follow these changes to ensure the security of data and Protected Health Information (PHI) of patients.